Coastal Communities & Hurricane Impact Windows
As a resident of a coastal community, you are most likely familiar with the potential damages hurricanes are capable of. Beyond the winds, rains, and floods, hurricanes can also bring debris that flies forcefully through the air. One of the most important investments you can make for your home or business is installing hurricane impact windows. Hurricane impact windows are designed to withstand the force of storms. With layers of protective glass and a tightly sealed frame, they create a barrier from strong winds and flying debris. While traditional windows may shatter and allow damaging winds and rain into your home, hurricane impact windows are capable of remaining intact, protecting your home and the valuable possessions inside.
As your St Pete window installers, we are here to assist you with creating a safe home – every step of the way!
If you’re still on the fence as to whether you need these windows in your home, here are five reasons why you should consider making the investment:
1. Protecting Your Family and Home: Many homeowners have lost all of their belongings to storm damage. Hurricane impact windows help to minimize the damage and increase the stability of your home. This is especially important if you have young children or elderly family members living with you who may not be able to quickly evacuate when severe weather arises.
2. Lowering Insurance Costs: Depending on where you live, your insurance premiums may be high due to the threat of hurricane-induced damage. Installing hurricane impact windows may help lower your insurance costs because this feature adds an extra level of protection against severe weather damage.
3. Energy Efficiency: Even in sunny, coastal communities, you may face a temperature difference between the outside and inside of your home that causes temperature transfer. This lets in warm air during warmer months and cold air during colder months causing your HVAC to function harder and more often, raising your energy bills. Hurricane impact windows act as an insulator, by keeping the wrong temperatures out and allowing you to use your HVAC less frequently.
4. Increased Home Value: If you decide to sell your home in the future; impact windows can raise the value of your home. Buyers who enjoy warm weather and like living in areas with innovative building techniques may be willing to pay more money for the added level of safety and protection that these windows provide.
5. The Ability to Stay in place: When a tropical storm or hurricane is quickly approaching, the last thing you want is to block your window and brace specific points. This time-consuming technique may cease to work when forceful winds remove the opening protections from their points of attachment, rendering the technique useless. Instead of having to worry about your windows or whether your techniques will work, impact windows can just be in place so you can implement your hurricane plan without thinking that you missed a critical step in securing windows.
Hurricane season can be challenging, but investing in hurricane impact windows offers peace of mind during these tropical storm and hurricane prone times. By protecting your home, increasing its market value, and lowering insurance costs, not only will your home have additional levels of protection and longevity, but you may also save money in the long run. Remember, investing in hurricane impact windows is more than a protective home investment but actually a smart financial one as well. Contact us today for a free quote and more information on Tampa Bay hurricane impact windows.